October Camp, Week 2: Smart Science Camp in collaboration with ETH Zürich
Cultivating Curiosity with ETH Zürich: An Exclusive Exploration!
Dive into our Smart Science Holiday Camp, where curious young minds transition from mere questions to thrilling discoveries. We’re fostering the next generation of scientific thinkers and innovators, and this time, we’ve got a special collaboration to make their experience unforgettable.
In the morning, students will engage with Lego Robotics, utilizing Lego Spike Prime to construct robots. These robots will then be coded using a programming interface similar to Scratch’s block-based system or, alternatively, with Python.
Come afternoon, a broader scientific universe unfolds. Eager young minds will be submerged in coding activities and hands-on experiments, each one crafted to ignite passion and satisfy the vast curiosities spanning from physics to earth sciences. But that’s not all!
This edition of our camp holds a special surprise: On the 18th, a group of 8 students maximum* (all aged 8 to 12) will get the opportunity to step into the halls of the Chemistry Department at ETH Zürich. Guided by the Technical Specialist Sandra Müller, they will not only witness but actively participate in real-life science experiments. On the other days, the camp will follow the standard schedule, with LEGO robotics in the morning; coding and science experiments in the afternoon (for all the kids aged 4 to 7 the standard schedule remains unchanged).
Each day promises bespoke challenges, sculpted to push every young explorer to the zenith of their potential. A scientific expedition like no other awaits!
Important Camp Information:
- Camp begins at 09:00 sharp, with a Drop Off window from 09:00 to 09:15.
- Morning session pick-up is set for 11:45 to 12:00, while afternoon or full-day sessions conclude at 16:45 to 17:00.
- For those with tight work schedules, early drop off and late pick up options are available on the booking platform under “Early/Late Care Reservation“. For further support, kindly contact Lisa at email@example.com
- Uninformed late collections might incur additional charges
- Refreshment breaks are scheduled twice a day, one in the morning and another post-lunch. However, snacks and lunch are not provided. Weather conditions permitting, breaks will be outdoors. Our varied venues range from interactive playgrounds to sprawling green fields for unrestrained free play. And remember, we’re going old-school during breaks – no screens allowed!
- Note for the ETH Zürich trip: Parents are responsible for ensuring their child has a valid ticket for the ride from Coetrylab to the ETH Chemistry Department. More exact details on the location will be sent via email before the camp.
Secure a spot* swiftly and watch as your child curious eyes light up with the joy of exploration!
*For kids aged 8 to 12, we have a limited availability of only 8 spots due to safety protocols in place at the Chemistry Department of the ETH Zürich.
Full Day 590 CHF